The School Council had their first meeting on Wednesday 19th September 2018
The new members are: -
2SP – Sophie Edwardson
2FM – Callum Rigby-Woods
2NP – Ashley MacDonald
3AS - Austin Mitton
3KP – Adam Dutton
3WK – Olivia Parlett
3CF – Jay Flitton
4TM – Abigail Poole
4JY – John Devonshire
4JL – Findlay Graham
4KO – Ronni Wallis
5CP – Jordan Chung
5JH – Mollie Firth
5GS – Billy Wilks
1) Mrs Patterson welcomed all the new members.
2) Make Your Mark – Jordan, Mollie and Billy said they would speak in Friday’s assembly about Make Your Mark. Simon from CBC would be in Weatherfield Academy on Tuesday 25th September at lunchtime with a ballot box.
3) Lunchtime Values were discussed.
Suggested amendments –
2 – When lining up to not lean on the apparatus or play on the piano.
3 – Try not to be messy or noisy – use your quiet voice.
8 – No bullying in the lunch hall – (this came from John Devonshire).
We wondered if the lunchtime staff could nominate 4/5 students rather than 2 for the Head Teacher’s lunch; as we have so many more students now and we thought the impact would be greater.
4) Chairperson and Vice Chairperson – as not everyone had attended the meeting it was suggested we look at this at our next meeting.
5) Halloween Party – some suggestions were – 3.45 to 4.45, music, decorations, cake, dancing, activities and games. Mrs Patterson to speak to Mrs Lloyd from Friends of Weatherfield to see if they would be interested in supporting this. Mrs Patterson to then take to SMT.
6) Children in Need – Everyone at the meeting agreed a Children in Need cake stall would be a very good idea. Children in Need day is Friday 17th November so we will organise this after half term.
7) Any Other Business – Mollie brought up the point of toilet seats broken in
both the KS3 and KS4 toilets. Mrs Patterson said she would pass the information on to SMT and the Site Manager.
Meeting closed at 12.55 pm
Mrs Patterson thanked everyone for coming.